Monday, November 16, 2009

fall is here!

It's been a while. My exam was last week, so up until then I was buried in loss models. Now that it's over, I can focus on really important things, like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We're making Limoncello to give as Christmas gifts this year. Here are the lemon rinds soaking in the alcohol. Hopefully you can see from the photo how the alcohol has started to turn yellow.


I've never made this before, so who knows how it'll turn out. Here's hoping that it turns out delicious. One of the results of this paticular project is that I now have about 6 cups of lemon juice in the freezer. Any suggestions for the juice that don't involve zesting more lemons?
My next project, though not food related, is certainly Christmas related. I'm working on an advent calendar. Here are the first ten numbers that I've made:
Hopefully I'll have the other 15 done in time for Advent! I'm going to make a tree to put them on eventually.
That's all for now. Looking forward to Thanksgiving. There's so much to be thankful for.

No comments: